Our mission is to promote and facilitate the revitalization of the Maryvale community.
Our vision is a strong vibrant and inviting community that reflects its diversity and is respected and admired by the entire city. Strong enhanced relationships between all residents, the City of Phoenix, businesses, educators, non-profits, and our faith based community will foster a balanced approach to renewed pride, image, appearance and values. We believe this exciting journey will accomplish our vision of a better place to live, work, play and raise families.
Quick look at MRC Activities – details on programs page.
Maryvale Revitalization Corporation Goals:
- Improve quality of housing in the community through rehabilitation of properties
- Removal of blight and replace those areas with new development
- Provide opportunities for Maryvale area youth, youth outreach and training
- Community outreach to neighborhood associations, including tool trailer and graffiti abatement trailer programs
- Promote current Maryvale area businesses while at the same time create new business and employment opportunities
- Collaborate with businesses and organizations to improve the quality of life in the community and achieve our goals
- Collaborate with government to find ways to increase services to area residents
- Promote a positive image of the Maryvale Village and encourage economic development
- Provide educational opportunities to residents through a variety of programs
- Work to promote cultural awareness and education in the community
- Work with concerned residents to promote block watch, blight abatement and neighborhood associations
- Identify and apply for grants to enhance the goals of the Maryvale Revitalization Corporation
The 2015 Jacori Rufus Memorial College Scholarship Charity Golf Tournament is planned for October at the Maryvale Golf Course – currently under $10million improvements. The tournament raises money for college scholarships for students from Alhambra, Carl Hayden, Maryvale & Trevor Browne High Schools. Check the programs page to see more on this event.